Water Damage and the Public Adjuster

Community Public Adjusters - flood damage

Water damage to your home or business can happen at any time of the year. It is important to contact a public adjuster as soon as you notice the water damage. The adjuster will work with you to replace anything you may have lost due to a water damage or flood incident. The sooner you contact a local licensed adjuster, the sooner they can help you with the claims process, which sometimes can take a while.

The Process

You want the adjuster to see the water damage firsthand. Avoid tossing out any of the wet items, keep them nearby so that the adjuster can see what was damaged. The important thing to remember is that without a receipt, paperwork, list or photo of the actual items, the adjuster will be unable to file a claim for those items.

Make sure to document everything you throw away, make note of its age, write a detailed description and its prior and current condition. Discuss what type of flood insurance you have or if your homeowner’s policy covers the water damage. In some cases, you may need to have specific coverage in place to cover these types of losses so be prepared.

Take photos of any structural damage to your home or business. This could include areas such as the foundation, pipes and the roof. Depending on where the leak originated, you may also need to take photos of any drywall or wallpaper damage.

Follow the adjuster’s directions on how to get the cleanup taken care of, most likely, a water damage restoration company will be needed for the job. A water damage restoration company will make sure your property gets back to pre-loss condition. Most likely, your insurance company will pay for this restoration work. Furthermore, make sure the restoration company checks for any mold damage. Mold remediation may need to be done, depending on the severity of the water damage.

The important thing to remember is that when you have water damage in your home or business, you will have more than just water issues. Every major system in your home could become affected by it. Mold can occur in anything that remains wet for several days. By getting a professional restoration company to help with the cleanup and working with the insurance adjuster, you can replace some of what you lost without having to pay for it.

Community Public Adjusters has expert knowledge on how the insurance claim process works. We work with you on every step of the claims process.
We represent home and business owners and have vast experience with the following types of claims

  • Fire and smoke damage claims
  • Water damage claims
  • Flood damage claims
  • Theft and vandalism damage claims
  • Snow and ice damage claims
  • Building collapse claims
  • Wind and hail damage claims
  • Catastrophic damage claims
  • Roof leaks
  • Blown off shingles & siding
  • All plumbing leaks
  • Toilet overflow
  • Burst Pipes
  • Frozen Pipes

Why Community Public Adjusters

  • We are experts in commercial and residential insurance damage claims
  • We have Over 150 years of combined public Adjusting experience
  • Our public adjusters are licensed and bonded in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
  • We are members of various local and national public adjuster associations
  • We understand all aspects of the tedious insurance claims process