After a storm, it is vital to check your home and property as soon as possible. If you find that you did suffer damage, it is in your best interest to file a homeowners insurance claim as soon as possible. Typically, homeowners insurance claims are pretty simple, but if there was flooding it could be a little trickier. The federal government manages flood insurance, so the filing and processing of any claims related to flooding could take much longer than other claims through your homeowners insurance policies.
What do Public Adjusters Do?
Public adjusters are responsible for evaluating the extent of damage to a home after an incident like a fire or storm. The public adjuster will evaluate property loss on behalf of a policyholder and help them file insurance claims in exchange for a fee. They work for you, not the insurance company and can save you a lot of money and stress by ensuring your insurance company is paying the full amount under your policy.
The quality and experience of public adjusters vary, so select a public adjusting firm carefully.
Follow these tips to find a professional public adjuster
1) Get referrals. You can find adjusters in your area through the National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters .
2) Make sure the adjuster is licensed in your state. Many state insurance departments, which regulate public insurance adjusters, let you verify licenses online.
3) Check if any complaints have been filed with the Better Business Bureau
4) Ask for references and check at least three if possible
5) Read the contract and understand the fees before hiring the adjuster
6) Stay away from anyone demanding an upfront fee or pressuring you to sign a contract. Disasters bring out scam artists — unqualified people who pose as public adjusters and take advantage of vulnerable people.
7) Visit the company’s website, a legitimate public adjusting company will have a website. If they do not, it could be a red flag indicating the firm is not legitimate.
About Community Public Adjusters
Community Public Adjusters specializes in homeowners and business insurance claim representation. Our public adjusters and property loss consultants work diligently to make sure you get the maximum possible settlement from the insurance company regarding your insurance claim.
We offer claim representation services on a contingency basis, if we do not collect any funds for you, we do not get paid at all. Community Public Adjusters has expert knowledge on how the insurance claim process works. We work with you on every step of the claims process.
We represent home and business owners and have vast experience with the following types of claims
- Fire and smoke damage claims
- Water damage claims
- Flood damage claims
- Theft and vandalism damage claims
- Snow and ice damage claims
- Building collapse claims
- Wind and hail damage claims
- Catastrophic damage claims
- Roof leaks
- Blown off shingles & siding
- All plumbing leaks
- Toilet overflow
- Burst Pipes
- Frozen Pipes